Friday, July 06, 2007

Let's just keep this between us for now.

Over the past five years, I can't tell you how many times I have started blogs with great enthusiasm and then unceremoniously abandoned them due to lack of time, lack of interest, or lack of inspiration. Is it because I'm just so damn busy that I can't possibly be bothered to maintain a journal? (No, because I know people busier than I that still manage to maintain engaging and often, entertaining blogs) Is it because it's part of my wiring to pursue the new, new thing voraciously and then ditch it when the shine wears off? (Maybe, but thank goodness I'm not like this with relationships.) Or is it none of the above?

Whatever the reason for my past flakiness, I've recently become re-inspired to begin writing again. I think a lot of it has to do with my recent job change - after nine months of working in a situation that was a bad fit in many, many, ways, I've recently started an interesting and challenging position with a great company -- complete with a world-class management team and perks galore. The best perk being, the fact that I work in a high-rise right in the middle of downtown Portland after years of commuting to bland suburban office parks.

It's true I'm working a lot of hours and have joined the ranks of the BlackBerry Nation, but I'm energized and excited to come to work for the first time in months. Working where I do, I see a lot of interesting people -- some more "interesting" than others -- and it gets my creative juices flowing. (Today, that creative juice is aided by a cold and delicious Mirror Pond Pale Ale -- the unofficial "Beer Friday" being one of the afore-mentioned perks.)

Lest you think I'm an all work and no play kind of gal, visit my travel blog to read about my adventures big and small.

It's sunny here, and my husband Michael is headed downtown shortly. We're going to grab a quick bite to eat and then go to the Moody Blues concert at the Schnitzer Concert Hall.

Great way to wind down a week - see you on the other side!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home