Wednesday, July 18, 2007

fresh in the city

It's been raining a bit over the past couple of days, which isn't something we see much in the summer. And, as much as I love the sun and seem to draw energy from it, the grey skies are a nice change. So nice, that I felt a sense of urgency to make my way outside today.

So, during a break between meetings this morning, I snuck out of the office to visit the Portland Farmers Market which I am very lucky to have just two short blocks from my building.















Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pamrentz/267373915/

Every Wednesday from 10am - 2pm, a smaller version of the large Saturday market sets up in the South Park Blocks with a great selection of fresh produce, bouquets of flowers, artisan cheeses and breads, pastries (I am enjoying a blue cheese, tomato, and asparagus torte now that is absolutely divine) and other goodies direct from local farms and kitchens. Today I also purchased strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and a walnut panini (for the afternoon snack attack, which I will no doubt pair with an Americano from Caffe Viale).

I feel so fortunate to live in a part of the country where we have a great climate for agriculture and "good food" and "eating local" are viewed as important, and thus the locals really come out in force to support family farms.

I still owe a blog entry on our fun weekend in Seattle - I've uploaded the photos to Flickr and now I just need to write the narrative. More later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home